The Wrexham 2025 bid team have announced funding of up to £1,000 for community groups or individuals to put on an event showcasing Wrexham’s communities and culture as part of #Wrecsam2025 (our bid to become City of Culture in 2025).
We don’t want to over prescribe what the event can be – we’ll leave the creativity up to you.
The event should be based around the themes of Wrexham’s vision for UK City of Culture 2025
• The centre of trade & events in north Wales
• The UK Capital of Play
• Home of football in Wales
• Leaders in innovation
• Welsh language and heritage
• celebrating cultural diversity
Hugh Jones, Lead Member for Communities, Place and Partnerships at Wrexham County Borough Council said: “By hosting community events, we can showcase the talent that Wrexham has, and show support for the City of Culture bid. “There’s a real buzz and optimism surrounding the bid in Wrexham at the moment and we want to build on this and get as many people as possible participating and backing the bid.”
A few more pointers:
• You can apply for up to £1,000 to put on an event.
• We welcome and encourage applications for events across the county
• The event must take place between January and May of 2022
Funding is not guaranteed and submissions will be judged by our stakeholder group who will be looking for creativity, vision, impact and proposed event locations of submitted bids.
If you are interested or would like more information please contact a member of the team on Wrecsam2025@wrexham.gov.uk